Executive Vice President
Kurt Amig has been a trainer/consultant in the industry for over 28 years working hand in hand with companies to improve health and wellness in the workplace. Americhem prides itself on becoming part of your team to increase health standards for the overall well-being and safety of your employees.
Kurt has worked with many prominent businesses to certify their companies in the following areas…
- Health/Sanitation Training—Certification programs to improve health and wellness
- Safety in the Workplace—Being compliant with regulatory agencies
- Green Initiative and Sustainable Systems—How to implement the programs
- Expert in Cost Reductions—Using cost calculators to validate money savings
- Implement Inventory Control Systems—Minimize the total cost of inventory
He is a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University and is certified by leading industry manufacturers in facility sanitation procedures.
Other certifications include…
- Certified to conduct seminars on the new GHS (Globally Harmonized System) Hazard Communication laws and regulations.
- CIMS Certification: Has been certified in CIMS “ISSA Certification Experts” (I.C.E.) Certified to provide training and consulting services to cleaning organizations interested in complying with and preparing to be certified by the Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS).
- Healthy Measures Certification: Certified in a comprehensive program created to enhance a healthier environment and facility reputation. Healthy Measures is a program designed to help protect your facility against HAI related incidents by enforcing proper surface disinfection and hand hygiene.
- Healthy Measures is designed to implement best sanitation and hygiene practices.
- ATP Testing
- Also Certified in the following…
- Health Care Training (Hospitals/Nursing Homes/Rehab Centers)
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- Educational Facility Training
- Restroom Disinfection & Sanitation
- Mold Remediation
- Hard Floor Care
- Carpet Care
- Office Cleaning
- Flu Outbreak, Breaking the Chain of Infection throughout facilities
Health & Wellness Specialist – CRCST (IAHCSMM)
Laurie Holmes has been working within the Infection Control Industry via the Sterile Processing field for well over 11 years. In addition to her experience within this industry she has also had the opportunity to teach within this arena.
She began her Sterile Processing Career in 2007 when she became a part of the On-Site Service division for Cardinal Health. She served as a Laparoscopic Technician up until 2013. Within her first year Laurie was elected to participate on a Safety Committee for Cardinal Health. She volunteered to create the Safety Committee mission statement and as a result was awarded the Cardinal Health Everyone Matters Award.
While employed at Hershey Medical, as a peri-operative assistant, she was recruited to be a Sterile Processing Instructor at Keystone Technical Institute. Laurie’s passion for Infection Control really flourished during her time at KTI. She was able to dig deeper and gain a better insight on how we can make the difference in breaking the chain of infection.
Laurie is extremely excited to be a part of the Americhem Team so that she can pass along her enthusiasm and passion regarding the destruction of infectious agents. Her main priority is to maintain safety for your employees, the customers you serve, and all personnel that may be at risk of exposure.
Credentials, Awards & Committees Served
- A graduate from Wesley College – Dover, DE 1989
- Cardinal Health Safety Committee- 2008-2013
- Introduced the concept of Surgical Conscience while on Cardinal Health Safety Committee -idea later incorporated into their training database.
- Rapid Improvement Committee to expedite OR turn-around times
- Sterile Processing Instructor/Department Head
- KASPP (Keystone Area Sterile Processing Professionals) Member 2015-Present
- IAHCSMM (International Association Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management) Certified
- Bloodborne Pathogen Trained – Annually
- Extremely enthusiastic to share her knowledge as well her passion pertaining to infection control!
Karen A. Young, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Founder & President of HR Resolutions
Karen Young is the award-winning founder and president of HR Resolutions, a full-service human
resources management company. With over 25 years of experience in personnel and human
resources, as well as recognized by the HR Certification Institute as a Senior Professional in Human
Resources (SPHR) and the Society for Human Resource Management as an SHRM-SCP. Karen has
worked with a number of organizations to improve workplace environments, lower HR costs, and increase the bottom line.
She was recognized by former Pennsylvania Governor, Ed Rendell, as one of Pennsylvania’s Best 50
Women in Business, for her commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and community.
Since opening her firm in 2005, she has become a regular speaker for the Harrisburg Regional
Chamber & CREDC, the HR Professionals of Central PA, PA Soiety for Human Resources Managers, and many private clients on a national basis.
Leveraging this extensive industry experience and drawing upon her book, Stop Knocking on My Door, Karen helps professionals navigate the day-to-day challenges that come with hiring, training,
workplace culture, performance evaluations, terminations, regulations and more. By sharing her passion for all things HR, she helps audiences recognize the importance of their job and how a
refreshed perspective and unified plan can make all the difference.